We took this tour recently, and we were quite happy with it.
1. Lots of places covered. There is no way we would have been able to cover everything or drive everywhere in a rental car. (Many places don't have parking/ very far, expensive parking)
2. Definitely cheaper than covering each city individually.
3. Vegetarians, pls carry your own food. Both days, lunch was at McDonalds and dinner was Chinese buffet, not much options.
Carrying food also saves time, as you can eat while traveling in the bus, and use the lunch time allotted for more sight seeing. Each room has microwave, cook your lunch and pack before leaving for the day. Come back to room and cook dinner.
4.Rooms were clean and good. Usual Quality Inn/ Comfort Inn/ Days Inn standards. Complimentary b.fast included.
5. Chinese tour guide, heavy accented, but friendly and helpful.
6. Use every minute outside the bus efficiently to see different places.
7. Not for people who want relaxed vacations and want to get up late.
Have to be brisk and early.
8. Comfortable shoes must, as lots of walking.
this trip is great to see a lot in a little time. Staff is courteous and kind very competent me and my son had a lovely time we took the trip in august beautiful weather and the guide Kery was a gem very amicable and sweet august 10 to 12 Monday through Wednesday.